Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Beef Ribs with Corn Pudding

Tonight we wanted to have an All-American meal, so we had beef ribs, corn pudding, and and a green salad. The ribs were boiled in beef broth, rubbed with a Santa Fe Dry Marinade my parents bought us from New Mexico, and thrown on the grill with a homemade barbeque sauce. The corn pudding recipe is from Dee, and is made with chive cream cheese, fresh corn, and eggs, among other things. For dessert, I tried something new: roasting a pineapple. Now, you might be thinking that sounds weird, but I got to thinking, we like baked apples because using the oven brings out the sweetness in the fruit. Why not?

The verdict

Ohhhhhhhhhh, ribs! We'd never tried the ribs with a rub before, but it added a whole new dimension; some nice heat under the sweet barbeque sauce. The corn pudding was delicious! It was unlike anything I've made before. I don't know if I'll make it regularly because it's not all that great for you, but the recipe is definitely a keeper. The pineapple was very good served warm. Maybe tomorrow we'll try it cool with some ice cream!