Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Last night Mike and I went to a fireworks display on campus. We were planning on picnicking before the show, but we got a late start and I had to eat my sandwich in the car. I get weird when I don't eat. Cranky is really a better word. When Mike and I started dating, my grandmother told him, "If she ever gets cranky, just give her a little something to eat. Even if she says she's not hungry, just give her a Nutra-grain bar or something, and she'll perk right up." It'd be embarrassing if it wasn't true. Anyway, by the time we got there, it was pitch black and we couldn't take a picture, plus most of the food was gone, so to make up for it, here's what we had for breakfast this morning: french toast made with whole-grain bread and a fruit salad of apples, oranges, blueberries, and cherries. I've been making the switch to whole grain breads whenever possible, and I think french toast made with white bread would taste weird to me!