Monday, July 10, 2006

Garlic Chicken Adobo with Mike's Fried Potato Slices

I've been meaning to try this recipe for a long time, as Mike and I are both big garlic lovers. Garlic Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that uses soy sauce, vinegar, and lots of garlic. I meant to serve it with rice, but I soon discovered we were out of rice. So, I thought that black beans would go nicely with this dish...but we were out of those, too! Garrr! That's when Mike offered to make a potato dish, which I gratefully accepted. He sliced Idaho potatoes thinly and fried them in canola oil. On the side we have fresh broccoli.

The verdict

This recipe was good, but a little salty. If I make it again, I think I'll cut down on the soy sauce. The potatoes were great! I had no idea Mike was so adept at frying. I give this meal 3 and a half stars for taste and 2 stars for health.