Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fondue: Cheddar-Swiss and Chocolate Sour Cream
Tonight we had our friends Jen and Scott over for dinner. Scott is doing the website for my father in laws' campaign, so they had to discuss the details of that, and Jen wanted to look at my wedding album. I decided to do something simple, but elegant: Cheddar-Swiss Fondue and Chocolate Sour Cream Fondue. For the cheese fondue, I had a cut-up baguette, carrots, celery, and apples. For the chocolate, we had marshmallows, pound cake, strawberries, and pineapple. However, I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE! GARRR!
The verdict
This was very good! I love fondue. The cheese is so good, I never make hot oil to cook meat in. I had never made the chocolate sour-cream fondue before, but it was very good - very mellow. I give this meal 5 stars for taste and 2 stars for health.