Sunday, July 23, 2006

Steak!
We were tired of chicken, so when I saw steak on sale at Winn-Dixie today, I knew what was for dinner! I seasoned the beef with Montreal Steak Seasoning, and threw some pole beans on the stove for a steam. I also used the leftover mashed potatoes (yes, mom , I actually had leftover potatoes!) to make a mashed potato casserole. I just mixed some sour cream into the potatoes and sprinkled some cheddar cheese on top, then popped it in the oven.
The verdict
Ahhh, beef! I try to make lots of chicken because it's healthier, but sometimes ya just gotta have cow! This cut was pretty lean, anyways. I just kinda made up the potato recipe, because I
growing up we NEVER had leftovers when mom made mashed potatoes! It turned out well, though. I think Mike was glad to finally get some red meat, because when I asked him what we should rate this meal for taste, he held up six fingers. I'm pretty sure the world would implode upon itself if I did that, though, so I'll give this meal 5 stars for taste and 3 and a half stars for health.

No comments: